Thursday, May 19, 2011

Almond Coconut Pancakes

This is my absolute favorite recipe for any pancake in the world!  I came up with this recipe when I was on a grain-free diet once. They are so coco-nutty good, and only need some butter or ghee as a topping.  But I wouldn't complain with some mixed berry sauce and a dollup of yogurt. 

They can also be eaten later in the day for sandwich bread, and eaten as snacks.

Even better than that?  They are gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free.  What more could we ask for?

Makes about 4-6 pancakes. 
  • 4-5 heaping T. almond meal (I make my own with about 1/4 cup raw almonds in a food processor)
  • 1-2 heaping T. shredded unsweetened coconut (organic is best)
  • 1 T. flaxmeal (optional)
  • *1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • *1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of Kosher salt
  • 1-2 eggs
  • ½ cup or more of any milk (I use regular milk but almond, soy, coconut, or rice milk could also be used, to desired batter thickness
  • 1-2 T. canola or grapeseed oil
Mix all ingredients with a whisk, and fry in plenty of coconut oil or ghee in a heavy skillet. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment